Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fruit & Vegetable Recipes II by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 6
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup fresh strawberries washed
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, washed
- sweetened whipped cream
- 1 cup fresh blackberries, washed
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup sifted granulated sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Beat egg whites at high speed of an electric mixer until foamy.
- Sprinkle cream of tartar, salt and vanilla over egg whites.
- Beat until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; drop meringue mixture by rounded ½ cupfuls onto baking sheet.
- Working quickly, smooth meringue center by pushing excess up to edges.
- Bake at 225 °F for 1 hour.
- Turn oven off, leaving meringues in oven for 8 hours to cool.
- Combine fruit and spoon ½ cup fruit into each shell.
- Top with dollops of whipped cream.
- Serve immediately.