Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny via World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 lb ground venison (the less fat the better), you can also use a thinly sliced roast
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tsp liquid smoke
- 2 tsp Cure (optional)
- Combine ground venison and all spices.
- Mix very thoroughly.
- Roll mixture out between 2 sheets of plastic wrap or wax paper until it is about ⅛ inch thick.
- Use a butter knife and cut meat into 1 inch wide strips 4 – 6 inches long.
- Set your dehydrator to 140°F; it should take about 6 – 8 hours.
- Take a bite and test for texture. It should be good and chewy, not mushy, not brittle.