Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny via World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 lb ground venison (the less fat the better), you can also use a thinly sliced roast
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tsp liquid smoke
- 2 tsp Cure (optional)
- Combine ground venison and all spices.
- Mix very thoroughly.
- Roll mixture out between 2 sheets of plastic wrap or wax paper until it is about ⅛ inch thick.
- Use a butter knife and cut meat into 1 inch wide strips 4 – 6 inches long.
- Set your dehydrator to 140°F; it should take about 6 – 8 hours.
- Take a bite and test for texture. It should be good and chewy, not mushy, not brittle.