Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Steep Estate in Elmo, Texas in 1989.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 28 ounce can whole tomatoes mashed
- 18 ounces tomato juice
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 15 ounce can pinto beans
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon thyme leaves
- ½ cup finely rolled saltine cracker crumbs
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- Brown meat in margarine and set aside to cool.
- Place onion, garlic,tomatoes, tomato juice, tomato sauce, beans, worcestershire, basil and pepper in large covered kettle.
- Bring to a boil then cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Combine eggs, Parmesan, thyme, crackers and browned venison.
- Mix well then shape into 1-inch balls.
- When soup has simmered for 30 minutes stir in cabbage and drop in venison cheese balls.
- Cover and simmer for another 30 minutes.