Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings.
- 4 to 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 x 10-ounce package frozen green peas
- 1½ cups uncooked rice
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2¾ cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup sherry
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper (optional)
- Cook bacon in large skillet over low heat until crisp and brown. Remove bacon from skillet; set aside.
- Add onion to skillet and cook until tender crisp.
- Add peas, rice, turmeric, broth and sherry. Bring to a boil; stir. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Add bacon, cheese and pepper, if desired. Toss lightly.