Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Ethnicity - South Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 1 cup: Raw rice
- ½ cup: milk
- 1/3 cup: green gram dal
- 11/2 tsp: black pepper
- 1 tsp: cumin seeds
- 1 tbs: Broken cashew nuts
- 1 tbs: Finely cut ginger (optional)
- A few: curry leaves
- 2 tbs: ghee
- 5 cup: water
- salt to taste
- Wash rice and dal and cook them together in five cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Add salt, curry leaves and ginger with half a cup of milk. Simmer for a minute and remove from fire.
- Fry cashew nuts, pepper and cumin seeds in ghee.
- Pour this over the rice-dal mixture.
- Mix well and serve steaming hot with ghee on top.