Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 8 servings.
- 12 ounces (1½ cups) cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 3 cups cooked rice
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced, divided
- ½ cup red currant jelly
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 drops red food coloring
- Process cottage cheese in blender until smooth.
- Transfer to 3-quart saucepan; stir in 1½ cups milk, rice, sugar, salt and lemon peel.
- Cook over medium heat about 20 minutes or until thick and creamy, stirring often.
- Combine eggs and remaining ½ cup milk. Stir into rice mixture.
- Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add vanilla. Cool.
- Purée 1 cup strawberries. Combine with jelly, salt and food coloring.
- Heat to boiling. Stir in remaining 2 cups berries and cook 1 minute.
- Chill. Spoon pudding into serving dishes. Top with strawberry topping.