Your family is sure to enjoy this cheesy main dish. The spinach is rich in vitamin A and provides a good source of vitamin C. Add your favorite seasoning or herb, such as minced fresh garlic, to the Velveeta light mixture for a tasty extra!
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Prep Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 17 minutes
- Makes: 4 Servings
- 2 tbsp Kraft light house Italian reduced fat dressing
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1¼ lb)
- 1 pkg. (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, cooked, well drained
- ¼ lb (4 oz) Velveeta light reduced fat cheese product, cut up
- 2 tsp fat-free milk
- Preheat broiler.
- Brush dressing evenly onto chicken breasts; place on broiler pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Broil 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, turning chicken over after 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix Velveeta light and milk in small microwavable bowl.
- Microwave on high 1 to 2 minutes or until Velveeta is melted, stirring after 1 minute.
- Mix half of the Velveeta mixture with spinach; place on serving plate.
- Top with chicken and remaining Velveeta mixture.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 250 | Total Fat 8g | Saturated Fat 3g | Cholesterol 100 mg | Sodium 610 mg | Carbohydrate 7g | Dietary Fiber 2g | Sugars 3g | Protein 38g | Vitamin A 120%dv | Vitamin C 30%dv | Calcium 25%dv | Iron 15%dv
- Diet Exchange: 1 vegetable | 5 meat (vl) | 1 fat