Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Your family is sure to enjoy this cheesy main dish. The spinach is rich in vitamin A and provides a good source of vitamin C. Add your favorite seasoning or herb, such as minced fresh garlic, to the Velveeta light mixture for a tasty extra!
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Prep Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 17 minutes
- Makes: 4 Servings
- 2 tbsp Kraft light house Italian reduced fat dressing
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1¼ lb)
- 1 pkg. (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, cooked, well drained
- ¼ lb (4 oz) Velveeta light reduced fat cheese product, cut up
- 2 tsp fat-free milk
- Preheat broiler.
- Brush dressing evenly onto chicken breasts; place on broiler pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Broil 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, turning chicken over after 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix Velveeta light and milk in small microwavable bowl.
- Microwave on high 1 to 2 minutes or until Velveeta is melted, stirring after 1 minute.
- Mix half of the Velveeta mixture with spinach; place on serving plate.
- Top with chicken and remaining Velveeta mixture.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 250 | Total Fat 8g | Saturated Fat 3g | Cholesterol 100 mg | Sodium 610 mg | Carbohydrate 7g | Dietary Fiber 2g | Sugars 3g | Protein 38g | Vitamin A 120%dv | Vitamin C 30%dv | Calcium 25%dv | Iron 15%dv
- Diet Exchange: 1 vegetable | 5 meat (vl) | 1 fat