Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 50 g margarine
- 450 g whole-meal flour
- 20 ml baking powder
- 50 g brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 150 ml skimmed milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Mix in the Sugar and spices,then add the margarine.
- Rub the margarine into the mix until it is crumbly.
- Form a well in the middle and pour in the milk and egg.
- Mix together into a stiff dough, and put on a floured board.
- Knead dough for 10 minutes until smooth.
- Grease the inside of a 900 g loaf tin with the oil.
- Cook for around 45 minutes in a 200 :C oven.
- The cooked loaf should sound hollow when tapped.
- If not, re-heat, then turn onto a rack to cool.