Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Rich in iron and zinc. Whole wheat hot dog rolls combine with soya granules and vegetables to make healthy submarines that will disappear in a flash!
- Courtesy of Tarla Dalal
- Contributed by Indiancuisineandculture Y-Group
- Preparation Time : 10 minutes | Cooking Time : 5 minutes | Baking Time : 15 minutes
- Makes 6 submarines
- 6 hot dog rolls (brown bread, lightly buttered)
- ½ cup soya granules
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dry red chilli flakes
- 1 cup chopped and boiled mixed vegetables (French beans, carrots, green peas, potatoes, cauliflower, etc.)
- 2 teaspoons tomato ketchup
- 2 teaspoons butter
- salt and freshly crushed pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons cooking cheese
- Slit each roll horizontally and toast lightly in a pre-heated oven or on a tava (griddle) for about 5 minutes. Keep aside.
- Soak the soya granules in salted hot water for about 5 minutes.
- Drain and squeeze out all the water. Keep aside.
- Dissolve the corn flour in the milk and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan, add the chilli flakes, boiled vegetables, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add the soya granules, tomato ketchup, milk-corn flour mixture and mix again.
- Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Stuff each roll with a little of the prepared filling.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese and grill in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 8 to 10 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.