This frittata is great by itself or with some fruit on a Sunday morning.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: dlife
- 2 cups egg substitute, or 8 eggs
- ¼ cup reduced-fat (2%) milk
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- ¾ cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1 cup cooked trimmed asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen, drained peas
- olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat margarine, or butter
- In a large bowl, whisk egg substitute, milk, salt, and pepper until blended.
- Stir in cheese, asparagus, and peas.
- Preheat broiler.
- Coat nonstick frying pan with olive oil-flavored cooking spray.
- Melt margarine in the pan.
- In medium heat, carefully pour in egg mixture.
- Lift edges as egg firms and allow uncooked egg to flow under until the bottom is golden brown and the center is still little runny, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Shake frying pan occasionally, making sure frittata isn't sticking to bottom.
- Place pan under the broiler for1 to 2 minutes, until top of frittata is light golden brown.
- Invert onto a serving dish or serve from the pan.
- Cut into wedges.
Nutritional information Edit
- 114 Calories | 7.4g Total Carbs | 2.9g Total Fat | 1g Saturated Fat | 5.5mg Cholesterol | 14.4g Protein | 2610mg Sodium
- Exchanges: ½ starch | 2 meat