Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 8 servings
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 medium zucchini, diced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- l large red bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 28 oz can peeled tomatoes in purée
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- ¼ cup hot Mexican chili powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp allspice
- 15½ oz can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 12 oz spaghetti
- 8 tbs shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 48 oyster crackers
- 4 scallions, trimmed and sliced
- In a pot, cook onion 5 min.
- Add ¼ cup water if needed.
- Add zucchini, carrots, peppers and garlic to onions in pot.
- Cook 5 more min.
- Or until vegetables are softened.
- Add tomatoes and puree.
- Add tomato sauce, chili powder, sugar, cinnamon, salt and allspice.
- Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer covered 30 min.
- Add beans and cook 15 more min.
- Cook pasta following package directions.
- Serve chili over cooked pasta.
- Garnish each serving with 1 tbsp cheese, 6 oyster crackers and a few pieces of scallions.