- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 large sweet white onions or red onions
- 3 cups water
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) packages Fantastic Foods vegetarian chili mix
- 2 (19 ounce) cans red kidney beans
- 1 (13 ounce) can hunts tomato paste
- 1 fresh red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 fresh carrots, chopped
- 1 stalk fresh celery, chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) cans sliced Mushrooms
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Mince or pulverize garlic.
- Chop onions.
- Chop half of the Onion into small square pieces.
- Chop the other half into strips.
- This is so you get aesthetically pleasing"strips" of Onion in the chili.
- Chop the other fresh vegetables into small pieces.
- Saute the onions, garlic and carrots on medium heat for about three minutes.
- Add the remaining vegetables and continue to saute until the onions are just starting to soften.
- Add the water and the Vegetarian chili Mix and the beans.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add canned vegetables and tomato paste.
- Add spices to taste and stir thoroughly.
- Simmer on very low heat for at least 25 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- Let cool to warm before serving.