Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Vegetarian West African Soup from the Public Health Cookbook, Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, government resource in the public domain
- Serves: 8
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- 6 cups sweet potatoes (not yams), peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (15½ ounce) cans garbanzo beans, undrained
- 2 (14½ ounce) or 1 (32 ounce) cans low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced or crushed tomatoes, undrained
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large saucepan and sauté onions until they start to brown.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients then raise heat to bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low then cover and let simmer for 45 minutes or until sweet potatoes are softened.