Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Vegetarian Turkish Pide is a delicious variation on the traditional pizza.
- 1 cup sanitarium TVP
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 170 ml hot water
- 1 Turkish pide or focaccia
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 2 tablespoons water, extra
- 2 cups shredded English spinach
- 80 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- ⅓ cup tomato paste
- Combine TVP and hot water, cover and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick fry pan.
- Sauté the onion until golden.
- Add the cumin, cinnamon, currants, pine nuts, TVP and extra water.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Spread pide with tomato paste and top with shredded spinach, TVP mixture and feta cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until crisp and golden, slice.