- Combine tomatoes and boiling water; let stand 20 minutes.
- Drain tomatoes in a sieve over a bowl; set aside, reserving 1 tbs tomato-soaking liquid.
- Combine 6 cups water, cornmeal, and salt in a large saucepan, and bring mixture to a boil.
- Cook cornmeal mixture over medium heat 5 minutes or until mixture is thick, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Stir in 3/4 of grated cheese reserving 1/4 to top the pie
- Pour half of cornmeal mixture into a lightly greased pyrex pan, 13 x 9. and press up sides
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large skillet, saute onion, garlic, jalapenos & green pepper in a little olive oil till soft.
- Add tomatoes, reserved tomato liquid, oregano, chili powder, cumin, beans, corn, and chiles, and cook 1 minute.
- Spoon bean mixture evenly over cornmeal crust.
- Drop remaining cornmeal mixture onto bean mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese
- Bake pie uncovered at 400°F for 30 minutes or until set.
- Serve pie with low-fat sour cream.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.