Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Wash the beans and rice in plenty of cold water.
- Combine about 4 cups of water with beans and rice and cook for 50 minutes or until the beans are soft.
- Drain, reserving the stock for later.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Fry the onions for 3 minutes.
- Add the carrots and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked beans and rice.
- Stir well and let sauté for a few minutes, ensuring that the mixture does not burn.
- Combine the soy sauce, tomato paste, herbs and stock.
- Mix well and pour into the skillet.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to very low, partially cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent it burning.
- Add more stock if necessary.
- Transfer into a casserole.
- Top the cooked vegetables with mashed potatoes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 °F for 40 minutes, or until the potatoes are browned.
- Serve with vegetables or a green salad.