Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 zucchini, sliced on the bias, ¼-inch thick
- 1 small eggplant, sliced in half, then ¼-inch slices
- 10 large shiitake caps
- 4 scallions, 1-inch lengths
- wooden skewers soaked in water
Peanut pesto Edit
- 4 cups roasted peanuts, 2 cups for plating
- 2 large, sliced shallots
- 4 cloves sliced garlic
- 3 minced Thai bird chiles
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, chiffonade
- 2 stalks lemon grass, white part only, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 cups peanut oil
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- ½ cup mint leaves
- salt and black pepper
- Prepare a hot grill.
- Skewer the slices individually.
- The shiitakes should have a scallion on each side.
- Lightly oil and season the satays and on a hot grill, mark and criss-cross both sides, about 4 to 5 minutes total.
- In a food processor, add 2 cups peanuts, shallots, garlic, chiles, kaffir, and lemon grass and puree smooth.
- Add sugar, lime juice and season.
- Drizzle in remaining oil then add the herbs.
- Check for seasoning.
- Lay a bed of peanuts on a large plate.
- Serve the pesto in a bowl and surround with satays.
- Garnish with extra kaffir leaves or lemongrass.