Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Recipe from United Soybean Board
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 8 oz frozen all vegetable protein crumbles
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ chopped Anaheim chiles
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice cooked according to package directions
- 6 medium green peppers
- prepared salsa, optional
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil until softened.
- Add protein crumbles, tomato, water, chilies, cumin, ½ to ¾ teaspoon salt and pepper; mix well.
- Bring mixture to boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Gently mix in cooked rice.
- Cut ½ inch off the stem end of peppers; remove seeds and membrane.
- Bring water and 1 teaspoon salt to boil in large saucepan. Cook in boiling water 3 to 5 minutes; invert on paper towels to drain.
- Fill peppers with ¾ cup of crumbles-rice mixture
- Place in 8-inch square baking dish.
- Bake at 376°F 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- If desired, serve with salsa.
Nutritional information Edit
Per Serving: 284 calories., 24.4 g pro., 49.5 g carb., 2.5 g fat (7% calories. From fat), 0.3 g sat. fat, 0 mg chol., 11.9 g fiber, 158 mg sodium, 20 g pro. from soy, 0.28 fat from soy.