Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook time: 15-20 min
This chili is of a more sauce-like consistancy, making it perfect as a vegie sausage or baked potato topping, but nothing stops me from eating it with a spoon!
- 2 16 oz cans red kidney beans, liquid drained and reserved
- One pkg. Yves brand turkey crumbles
- One large red onion, diced
- Half a head of garlic, peeled and diced
- One large bell pepper, coarsley chopped
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa
- 3/4 cup your favorite smokey barbecue sauce
- In a dutch oven, saute the red onion, garlic, and bell pepper over medium heat 3-4 minutes. The bell pepper should still be crunchy.
- Add the Yves brand turkey crumbles and cook about 1 minute until browned.
- Add the beans and salsa and stir. Add the barbecue sauce a little at a time to your own liking.
- Pepper to taste, and simmer over medium-low heat ten minutes, stirring frequently. Should the chili simmer off too much, add some of the reserved canning liquid.
- Salt to taste, remove from heat, and serve.