Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 pieces spicy pressed bean curd
- 4 dried mushrooms
- 50 grams (3½ tablespoons) carrot
- 75 grams (5¼ tablespoons) wheat gluten
- 50 grams (3½ tablespoons) water chestnuts (fresh if possible)
- 75 grams (5¼ tablespoons) string beans
- 1 red chile
- ¼ cup peanuts, or as desired
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 shallot
- 1½ tablespoons hot bean paste
- 1 teaspoon rice wine
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon hoisin sauce
- ½ teaspoon dark soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- pepper - a few shakes
- 50 ml (just under ¼ cup) water
- oil for deep-frying and stir-frying, as needed
- Soak the dried mushrooms until they have softened.
- If desired, save the soaking liquid to use in place of water in the seasoning.
- Wash and dice the string beans, gluten ball and spicy pressed bean curd.
- Wash and dice the carrot, water chestnuts and red chile.
- Peel the garlic and shallot and chop finely.
- Mix together the seasoning ingredients in a bowl.
- Boil the peanuts in boiling water for about 2 minutes.
- Peel the skin and set aside.
- Heat the wok and add oil for deep-frying.
- When oil is ready, deep-fry the peanuts on high heat until they are golden brown.
- Remove and set aside.
- Repeat with the gluten ball.
- Parboil the carrots and string beans for 1 minute.
- Heat wok and add oil.
- When oil is ready, add the garlic, shallot and hot bean paste.
- Add all the other ingredients except for the peanuts.
- Stir-fry until they are cooked, then add the rice wine and seasoning.
- Turn off the heat, mix in the peanuts, and serve.