Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From: The Duke Diet
- Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 2 cups mushrooms, fresh whole
- 1 cup white onion, raw and chopped
- ½ cup green bell peppers, raw, chopped
- 8 tsp green chile peppers, diced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 cups tomatoes, canned whole without added salt
- cooking spray
- 1 tsp broth, reduced-sodium vegetable, without msg
- ½ cup water
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp cumin, ground
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ⅔ cup black beans, canned
- 5¼ oz vegetarian crumbles, burger substitute, soy
- ⅓ cup chili beans, canned
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Slice mushrooms and sauté in skillet until browned.
- Remove from pan.
- Spray a dutch oven or stockpot with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Add onions and peppers to the kettle and saute until vegetables are soft.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, broth, water, chili powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, beans, and soy crumbles, and simmer gently for about 20 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and simmer another 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutritional information Edit
- 170 Calories | 3g Total Fat | 0g Saturated Fat | 492mg Sodium | 0mg Cholesterol | 14g Protein | 27g Carbs | 8g Dietary Fiber
- Exchanges: 1 Starch | 2 Vegetable | 2 Protein
- Carb Choices: 1½