Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- GonzoImperial original recipe
- 2 x 15 oz cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 x 15 oz cans kidney beans with liquid
- 2 x 15 oz cans black beans with liquid
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 green jalapeno peppers, chopped
- chili powder
- crushed red pepper
- garlic powder
- optional: cheddar cheese
- optional: shredded Mexican cheese blend
- optional: sour cream
- Combine cans of tomatoes, kidney beans, and black beans into a large pot.
- Chop the onion and jalapeno peppers and add.
- Add a generous amount of chili powder (at least 4 or 5 tablespoons) followed by one tablespoon of cumin, one tablespoon of garlic powder, one half tablespoon of coriander, and one half tablespoon of crushed red pepper.
- Vary seasoning amounts to suit your tastes.
- Stir thoroughly and turn heat to medium high.
- When the chili is bubbling, reduce heat to slightly below medium and allow to cook for at least 20-30 more minutes.
- Serve with a topping of shredded cheese or sour cream if desired.