Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Vegetarian Chili from the Public Health Cookbook, Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, in the public domain
- Cook Time: Approximately 30 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 15 oz. cans black beans, drained
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, chili powder, or chili seasoning mix
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, freshly chopped or dried flakes
- saute the onions and garlic in oil in a large sauce pan.
- Add carrots, tomatoes, herbs, spices, and beans.
- Cook on medium heat for 15 – 20 minutes, or until the carrots are tender.