This is a slightly different variation of a traditional Vegetarian Chili recipe. Many of the ingredients (beans, spices, vegetables) can be modified to meet your tastes.
This recipe can be made in a stove top pot or in a crock pot. If using a crock pot, you can increase cooking time to 4 hours.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large carrots, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green/yellow/orange pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 x 15 oz cans of beans, can be a mix of chickpeas, black-beans, kidney-beans, etc, drained
- 1 x 15 oz can of corn
- 2 x 15 oz can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 Teaspoon cayenne pepper, chili powder or hot sauce add more to season to taste
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, or add more to season to taste
- Heat olive oil in pot over low flame
- Add garlic, onion, carrots and peppers to pot and simmer on low for 20 minutes
- Add corn, beans, tomatoes and spices to taste
- Cook on high for 30 mins
- Lower heat and cook for 2 hours
- Serve hot with shredded cheese (or other desired) topping.