Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Love Zukes? Try this Zoup. Zowie!
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Newspaper Clipping
- Serves 6
- 2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup celery sliced
- 1 cup fennel, sliced
- 3 quarts vegetable stock (or water, use vegetable stock for a more flavorful soup)
- 6 tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 3 cups zucchini, chopped in large pieces
- 1 oz dry sherry
- ½ cup cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté onions and garlic in hot olive oil until onions collapse.
- Add celery and fennel; continue to sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add stock, tomatoes, bay leaf, basil, dill and parsley.
- Bring to a boil, and then lower to simmer.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Add zucchini, sherry, salt, and pepper.
- Continue to simmer for 30 minutes until zucchini is tender.
- Stir in cream right before serving.
- Top with chopped parsley.