Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Vegetables a la Grecque
Just Something i Found on my Cd, i Have Not Done This.Ingredients
water 1 1/2 Cups
olive oil 1/4 Cup
lemons (juice) 2
salt 1 Teaspoon
garlic 2 or 3 Cloves
bay leaf 1
parsley 1 Sprig
celery Top 1
Dried thyme 1 Teaspoon
white pepper 1/2 Teaspoon
Dash of hot pepper Sauce
Small Artichokes (about 2 Inches) or 12 Hearts 12Large-Stalked asparagus 2 Pounds
Small zucchini (about 2 Inches) 12-16
Whole Baby carrots 12-16
Small Mushrooms 1 Pound
White onions 28-30 Small
- 1. Combine All The Ingredients of The Sauce And Bring to a Boil. Boil For 5 Minutes.
- 2. Add Fresh Vegetables And Simmer Until Just Tender. do Not Overcook.
- 3. Let Them Cool in The Sauce.
- 4. Serve Chilled With Some Sauce Spooned Over; or Drain, And Serve With Vinaigrette Sauce.Or, The Vegetables Can be Removed When They're Done, The Sauce Cooked Down UntilSomewhat Reduced, Then Cooled And Poured Over The Vegetables.
- 5. Top With Chopped parsley, chives And Fresh tarragon.Notes
- do Not Use Seeds of Any Kind Until Three Months After The Last Symptom Has Disappeared AndThen Try Them Cautiously. (btvc)
Any Number of Vegetables May be Cooked in This Sauce And Served Cold. as a First Course orWith Cold Meats or Fish as a Main Lunch Dish. or Serve Several Vegetables a la Grecque on aCombination Hors-D'oeuvre Tray With Stuffed eggs, Sliced tomatoes, Thinly Sliced Cold Meat.Vegetables Cooked in This Manner May be Kept in Refrigerator For Several Days.
Jenn b Aka Mom2sam And Tiny
Check Them Out