Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A great Greek dish that can be served cold or hot. The dish is best when fresh new vegetables are plentiful.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large fennel bulbs, thinly slice with feathery leaves reserved
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, lightly crushed
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- ½ medium cauliflower, divided into florets
- ¾ cup green beans, trimmed
- 1½ cups button mushrooms, halved or quartered
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 – 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Warm the oil in a large saucepan over moderate heat; add the fennel and Onion.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, coriander seeds, and tomatoes and cook, uncovered, until the vegetables are tender and any liquid has disappeared.
- In a separate pan steam the cauliflowers and green beans until just tender.
- Once the fennel and tomato mixture is ready, add the Mushrooms and cook gently for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the cauliflowers and green beans, and season with salt and black pepper.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm or cool.