Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Vegetable and Seafood Rice Bowl from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Cook Time: About 10 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1 x 14½ ounce can low sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1½ cups plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup sliced roasted red bell peppers
- ½ pound uncooked peeled and de-veined shrimp. Thaw if frozen.
- ½ pound cod fillet, cubed
- 6 ounces sea scallops, halved
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cooked rice
- Bring broth to a boil then stir in mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except for cilantro and rice.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for about 7 minutes or until shrimp turns pink and tender.
- Serve over rice (optional) in bowls sprinkled with cilantro.
- You can substitute chicken broth or water for the wine.
- You can substitute your favorite pasta for the rice.