Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 450g (1 lb) potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 2 sticks celery
- 200g (7oz)carrots
- 200g (7oz) mixed vegetables (parsnip, turnip, swede, cabbage)
- 1 can (400g / 16oz) * 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- soy sauce and black pepper to taste
- Scrub the potatoes, cut them into chunks and boil them for mashing.
- Meanwhile, halve and slice the onion into thin half-moons.
- Chop the celery into chunks.
- Peel and chop the carrots and mixed vegetables.
- Bring about 300ml (12 fl oz, 1½ cups) water to boil in a large saucepan then add all the prepared vegetables, cover and simmer gently until they are cooked.
- Drain off any water from the vegetables and mix in the , tomato purée and herbs.
- Season to taste, reheat and place into a warmed casserole dish.
- When the potatoes are ready, mash them with salt and black pepper to taste, adding a little of their cooking water if needed.
- Spread the mashed potatoes on top of the vegetable mix and place under the grill (broiler) until the potato topping is browned.
- Serve at once.