Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 lb Tibetan noodles, similar to spaghetti, cavatelli
- 3 cup assorted vegetables (cauliflower, carrots, green beans, mustard greens, potatoes)
- ½ lb spinach, washed, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp jwanu (lovage seeds)
- 3 fresh chilies, julienned
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup tomatoes
- ½ cup yogurt
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Cook noodles in boiling salted water until slightly undercooked. Drain and rinse.
- In a sauce pan heat 2 tablespoons of mustard oil.
- Add onions, fry till light brown.
- Add turmeric, garlic, ginger, cumin powder, and chilies.
- Stir well for 1 minutes.
- Put the assorted vegetables and stir-fry well, about 5 minutes.
- To the vegetable mixture add tomatoes, soy sauce, yogurt, broth, jwanu, bay leaf, salt and pepper and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add the noodles and stew for 5 more minutes or until nice consistency of the sauce is attained.
- At last, add spinach and fold into the stewed noodles for a minute or so, until wilted.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve with roti.