Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Vegetable filling Edit
Tamale topping Edit
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray an 8"x8" pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Into prepared baking pan, place all filling ingredients.
- Toss until well mixed; set aside.
- To prepare tamale topping, in medium bowl, place flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; stir until evenly mixed.
- In a small bowl, beat yogurt, egg and margarine.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon mixture evenly on top of vegetable filling.
- If desired, sprinkle evenly with chives.
- Bake 35 – 40 minutes, until filling is hot and bubbly, topping is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in center of topping comes clean.