Vegetable filling Edit
Tamale topping Edit
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray an 8"x8" pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Into prepared baking pan, place all filling ingredients.
- Toss until well mixed; set aside.
- To prepare tamale topping, in medium bowl, place flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; stir until evenly mixed.
- In a small bowl, beat yogurt, egg and margarine.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon mixture evenly on top of vegetable filling.
- If desired, sprinkle evenly with chives.
- Bake 35 – 40 minutes, until filling is hot and bubbly, topping is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in center of topping comes clean.