Vegetable Tagine is a traditional Moroccan vegtarian dish and is best served hot over couscous or rice. It is delicious and so healthy!
- Put the oil into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion when the oil is hot and leave for 5 minutes.
- Stir occasionally so the onion doesn't burn.
- Add the carrots, turnips, potatoes, and stock to the pan and bring it to the boil.
- Reduce the heat immediately.
- Cover the pan and cook for 15 minutes.
- Whilst the vegetables are cooking, place the parsley, cilantro, lemon juice, paprika, and water in a blender.
- Blend until the mixture resembles a smooth paste.
- After the pan has been on for 15 minutes, add the herb mixture to the vegetables, along with the lemon zest and .
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Be sure to stir every now and again.
- Serve piping hot with rice or couscous.