Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: The New American Heart Association Cookbook
- Servings: 8
- 1 pound fresh broccoli
- 1 teaspoon acceptable margarine
- 1 teaspoon acceptable vegetable oil
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced (3½ to 4 cups)
- 2 to 3 medium green onions, thinly sliced (about ⅓ cup)
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- pepper to taste
- Separate broccoli florets so they are of small, uniform size.
- Peel tough stems; cut stems into 2-inch pieces.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat margarine and oil over medium heat, swirling to coat bottom.
- Stir-fry broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, and green onions for 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 65 | Protein: 3 g | Sodium: 57 mg | Fat: 4 g | Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Exchanges: 2 Vegetable, 1 Fat