These are pretty large servings, and no one has to be hungry after eating... You can replace almost all the vegetables with something else, it should be a total of about 800 g vegetables, that's the main "rule" in this recipe... If you are a weight watcher one portion will take about 10 extra calories from your weekly amount of extra calories, nothing else... Guess if I love this recipe!
- 6 dl water
- 150 g yellow onion, chopped
- 150 g turnip, cut in small cubes
- 200 g squash, cut in small cubes
- 200 g carrot, shredded
- 50 g tomato, cut in small pieces
- 4 dl tomato juice
- 2 dl water
- 2 meat extract cubes, should be enough to make ½ litre meat broth, but do not use meat broth!
- white pepper
- basil, use whatever you like from spices and herbs. i usually add some "taco table spice mix", some oregano and some black pepper.
- Bring the water to a boil together with the meat extract cubes.
- Add vegetables and tomato juice.
- Add more water, put the water into the tomato juice packet and shake so you get all of the juice out of it.
- Let simmer until everything get really mixed and you can't really see what is what.
- Mix a little water with flour, add, stir well and let boil for a couple of minutes.