- 1 cup cubed, firm tofu (½-in. cubes)
- 2 stalks celery, cut into julienne strips
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 Italian plum tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup Szechuwan peanut dressing
Szechuwan peanut dressing Edit
- ⅓ cup peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- ½ cup hot vegetable stock or hot water
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp safflower oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp dry crushed red pepper
- In a large bowl, gently toss together salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients.
- Pour over salad and toss again.
- Top with garnish.
- Advance preparation: both salad ingredients and dressing may be prepared in advance and refrigerated.
- For best quality, toss together just before serving.