Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1¼ cups (5 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 eggs, divided
- 1 small zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¾ cup milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon marjoram leaves, crushed
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine rice, ¾ cup cheese and 1 egg.
- Press into bottom and sides of greased 10-inch pie pan.
- Arrange zucchini and tomato over crust.
- Cook Onion in butter in small saucepan until tender crisp; blend in flour.
- Add ½ cup milk; cook, stirring, until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Beat remaining ¼ cup milk, remaining 3 eggs, marjoram, salt and pepper; stir into onion mixture.
- Pour into prepared crust. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese.
- Bake at 350°F 35 to 40 minutes, or until set.
- Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.