Makes 4 servings.
- 1½ cups cooked brown or white rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- ¼ cup sliced ripe olives
- ¼ cup diced red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Combine rice, egg, and cheddar cheese.
- Press into greased 12-inch pizza pan or 10-inch pie pan. Bake at 400 °F for 5 minutes.
- Combine tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and black pepper; spread over rice crust.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Layer ½ cup mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, zucchini, and red pepper.
- Top with remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese and with parsley.
- Bake at 400 °F for 8 to 10 minutes.