Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Servings: 6 – 8
- 5 – 6 medium potatoes
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 5 large carrots
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 small turnip or rutabaga
- 1 stalk celery
- ½ cup oil
- 2 – 3 onions
- 4 – 6 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- Wash the vegetables and cut into chunks.
- You can use any other hard winter vegetables that you like.
- Heat the potjie (cast-iron pot, size 3) over coals until a little bit warm, then add oil.
- When oil is hot, lightly cook onions and garlic.
- Arrange vegetables in layers on top of onion and garlic mixture.
- The ones with the longest cooking times go on the bottom of the pot.
- Sprinkle on the seasonings and herbs.
- Pour stock over the final layer.
- Cover the pot with its lid and simmer over campfire coals for 1½ to 2 hours.
- Leave the lid on until the cooking time is finished.