- 1 cup peeled, cubed boiling potatoes
- 4 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour or white flour
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 Tbs. nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dough for two-crust 9-inch pie (homemade whole Wheat pastry is best, but you can
- substitute a store-bought crust)
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1 cup small Broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/4 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup frozen Peas
Preheat oven to 350 °F. Cook potatoes in lightly salted boiling water just until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside. Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, heat oil over low heat. Stir in flour and cook, stirring, until mixture is very thick, about 1 minute. Gradually add broth, stirring constantly. Add nutritional yeast, soy sauce, salt and pepper, stirring constantly. Remove sauce from heat and set aside.
Roll out bottom crust and fit into 9-inch pie plate. Scatter potatoes and remaining vegetables over crust and spoon sauce over them. Place top crust on pie, crimp edges and make a couple of slits in crust for steam vents. Bake until crust is lightly browned, about 1 hour. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.