Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Snap off and discard tough outer leaves from base of artichokes and trim stems.
- Cut off and discard top two-thirds of each artichoke; quarter heart and remove fuzzy choke inside.
- As each artichoke heart is prepared, immediately place quarters into a bowl of water with juice from lemon to prevent hearts from discoloring.
- Set aside until ready to add to rice.
- Heat olive oil over medium fire in a large heavy pot or dutch oven.
- Add rice to oil; cook, stirring constantly, until rice turns opaque.
- Add drained artichoke hearts to rice, then all remaining ingredients.
- Stir to mix, then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Let cook without stirring or uncovering for 20-25 minutes, until water is absorbed completely.