The veggies in this dish are flavorful, colorful, varied in texture and low in carbs. Feel free to substitute your own favorites. Have all your vegetables prepared before you start to cook the Pasta.
- 12 ounces Atkins Pasta Cuts spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 6 ounces oyster Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 large head bok choy (about 1 pound), stems thinly sliced, leaves torn into small pieces
- 1/3 cup low-carb teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts* (optional)
1. Prepare Pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/4 cup Pasta cooking water and drain the rest. Transfer Pasta to a large bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil. Cover lightly with plastic wrap. 2. In Pasta pot, heat vegetable oil on high until it shimmers. Add ginger and garlic and cook, stirring, 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add Mushrooms; cook 1 minute more. Add red pepper; cook 1 minute more. Add carrots and bok choy stems; cook 1 minute more (add 2 tablespoons reserved Pasta water if necessary). 3. Remove pot from heat. Add bok choy leaves, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce and remaining tablespoon sesame oil. Toss well to mix. 4. Divide Pasta on four plates. Make a depression in the center of each and mound with one-fourth of the vegetable mixture. Garnish with chopped green onions and peanuts, if desired. 5. *Note: If you are on the first two weeks of Induction, omit the peanuts.