Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- ½ cup orange juice, chicken stock or low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon each olive and dark sesame oil
- 4 small carrots, peeled and thinly sliced diagonally (2 cups)
- 1 large sweet red pepper (8 ounces), cut into strips ¼ inch wide
- 1 medium-size yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 8 ounces Chinese cabbage (about 5 large leaves), halved lengthwise and sliced ½ inch thick
- 4 ounces snow peas or sugar snap peas — trimmed
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- In a small bowl, stir together the orange juice and cornstarch until well blended.
- Add the honey, soy sauce, vinegar, and red pepper sauce, stirring to combine.
- In a large wok or 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil and sesame oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add the carrots, sweet red pepper, and onion and stir-fry for 8 minutes.
- Stir in the orange juice mixture and cook for 1 minute or until the sauce boils and thickens.
- Stir in the sesame seeds if desired.
- Serve with grilled poultry or fish and brown rice.