Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- Keeps 3 days under refrigeration. Freeze 3 months.
- Serves 8 – 10.
- 3 large courgettes (1 pound (pale, tender-skinned zucchini)
- 3 large carrots (9 – 10 oz)
- 2 baking potatoes (1 lb)
- 1 large onion (7 – 8 oz)
- 4 eggs, whisked together
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 20 grinds black pepper
- 5 fl oz sunflower oil
- 4 oz Matzoh meal
- 2 oz dried breadcrumbs
- Select an oven-to-table dish measuring approximately 10 x 8 x 2 inches deep or use an oval gratin dish about 11 – 12 inches long.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Top and tail the courgettes and carrots, peel all the vegetables (except the courgettes), then grate on the finest disc of the food processor (or grate by hand) and mix together in a bowl.
- In a very large bowl, whisk the eggs and seasonings until fluffy, then stir in the oil, meal and breadcrumbs followed by the vegetables.
- Mix very thoroughly, then pour into the dish and smooth level.
- Bake for 1 to 1¼ hours or until a rich golden brown.
- The kugel reheats well either in a moderate oven or in the microwave.