Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Updated old family favorite - Alice in Houston via A.Broaddus
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ green pepper, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lbs okra, sliced, fresh, frozen
- 1 lbs tomatoes, fresh, or canned
- 2 cup corn, fresh, frozen, canned
- 1 tsp vegetable bouillon granules
- ½ cup white grape juice
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp Tabasco sauce
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp basil or rosemary, minced
- vegetable coating spray
- Method: in a large heavy stew pot, place bouillon and ½ cup white grape juice, onion, green pepper, celery garlic, cook until tender, 5 – 7 minutes.
- Add other ingredients, cook over low heat, stirring occasionally to keep from sticking to bottom.
- Cover and simmer gently until corn and okra are done (or simmer in crockpot 6 – 7 hours) Note: cut fresh corn from cob with a sharp knife, then scrape the remaining corn off the cob.
- Four ears will make about two cups.
- If you use dried herbs, rub them with the palms of your hands before adding to the pot, this releases their aroma and goodness.
Nutritional information Edit
Exchanges: 1 veg, 1 bread, and 107 calories.