- 2 cups cooked plain rice
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, beans, celery, cabbage...go wild! Frozen vegetables would also be a great option)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 chicken bouillon cube (even a vegetable bouillon cube can be used)
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp crushed black pepper
- salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- chopped spring onion for garnish
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and fry onions till transparent. Add vegetables, bullion cube, salt, pepper and chili powder and fry till all the water from the vegetables evaporate.
- Add rice and mix well. Splash soy sauce and stir-fry rice till everything is mixed well.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve warm.
Recipe by Hooked on Heat Edit
The blog created by Meenakshi Agarwal is filled with, as the blogger says, lots of spice and everything nice. The pleasant design of the blog is matched by a huge variety of unique content – something you can rarely say about websites or blogs today – facts which make Hooked on Heat a valuable resource for anyone interested in Indian food.
Here you will find information on hundreds of Indian dishes, starting from Dips, Sauces and Chutneys, going through Soups and Salads and passing through Delectable Desserts and other food categories that will make your mouth water. You can reach this wealth of information at the following URL: hookedonheat.blogspot.com