Vegetable Couscous from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced and pressed
- 2 medium green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup dry couscous
- 1½ cups water
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Sauté onion, garlic and green pepper in oil in a large skillet until soft, then push to sides of pan.
- In the center of the skillet, pour in the couscous. Add the water to the couscous, stirring gently. Top this mixture with tomato wedges and the cooked green peppers; cover pan for 3 minutes.
- Add a little water and cook longer, if needed. Couscous should be light and fluffy.