Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Source: Better Homes and Gardens
- Makes 6 Servings
- 2 x 14½-ounce cans chili-style chunky tomatoes
- 2½ cups water
- 3 x 15-ounce cans pinto, cannellini, and/or red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 x 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1½ cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1½ cups chopped zucchini or yellow summer squash
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar or Monterey jack cheese (3 ounces)
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- In a 4-quart pot stir together undrained tomatoes, water, beans, tomato sauce, chili powder, oregano, and pepper.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Using a potato masher, mash beans slightly.
- Stir in the corn and zucchini.
- Return to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes more or until vegetables are tender.
- Spoon into serving bowls.
- Top each serving with 2 tablespoons cheese.