Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The Best Diabetes Cookbook
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3½ cups beef stock 
- ⅓ cup barley
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 oz stewing beef, diced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- In large non-stick saucepan, heat oil; sauté garlic, onion, celery, carrots and mushrooms until tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add stock, barley, potatoes and beef; cover, reduce heat and simmer approximately 50 minutes or until barley and potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- ↑ Use the lowest sodium broth you can or make your own to cut back on the sodium content of this recipe. Take care, Gloria
Nutritional information Edit
- 208 Calories | 11g Protein | 1009 mg Sodium | 13 mg Cholesterol | 5g Fat | 31g Carbs
- Exchanges: 1½ starch | 1 vegetable | ½ medium fat meat | ½ fat