Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gingham Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1992.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2¾ cups water
- ½ cup dried lentils
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- ¼ cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup plain breadcrumbs
- 4 eggs
- 1⅓ cups barbecue sauce
- In medium saucepan combine water and lentils then bring to boil and reduce heat to medium low then cover and cook 8 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add rice, onion, Italian seasoning and salt and mix well then return to a boil and reduce heat to medium low then cover and cook 10 minutes stirring occasionally then remove saucepan from heat uncover and let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir breadcrumbs, eggs and 2tablespoons of the barbecue sauce into lentil mixture mashing slightly while mixing.
- With wet hands shape into 36 balls.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray then heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add veggie balls and cook 8 minutes turning frequently with 2 spoons.
- Reduce heat to medium then pour remaining barbecue sauce over veggie balls and cook 5 minutes stirring frequently.