Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped zucchini
- 1½ cups low-sodium tomato juice
- 1½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ pound ground turkey breast
- ¾ pound lean ground round
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup rolled quick-cooking oats
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Combine carrots, mushrooms and zucchini in small saucepan.
- Stir in ½ cup tomato juice and ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Uncover and allow to cook, stirring occasionally, until most of juice has cooked away (watch carefully so it doesn't cook dry or scorch).
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Spray a broiler pan with nonstick spray coating.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine ground meats, ½ cup tomato juice, onion, oats, egg whites, Worcestershire sauce, remaining 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; stir well.
- Spoon meat mixture onto a sheet of wax paper and press lightly into a 9-inch-by-10-inch rectangle.
- Spoon vegetable mixture over meat.
- Use wax paper to gently roll meat, jellyroll fashion, forming a loaf about 10 inches by 4 inches.
- Transfer to prepared pan and place loaf seam side down.
- Bake at 375 degrees 50 minutes.
- Cook remaining ½ cup tomato juice in small, uncovered saucepan 5 minutes or until slightly reduced.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar.
- Brush tomato-juice mixture over meatloaf.
- Continue baking meatloaf about 10 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 165°F and meat is no longer pink inside.
- Allow to stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 248 | Fat 13 g | Carbs 10 g | Sodium 177 mg | Fiber 2 g